The Village of Blewbury
Woodway B&B is located on the edge of the village. Picturesque and nestling at the foot of the Downs it‘s an ideal place to begin exploring the Ridgeway and surrounding countryside and walking trails. The village has many of it’s own attractions, including beautiful thatched cottages and unique cob walls. It also has it’s own website where you can find out more.
Things to Do
- Smoke Acre Golf Range – Why not practice your golf skills while you say with us at our ‘on-site‘ driving range.
- Savages Garden Centre – Fresh local product and a great place to browse for plants, flowers and a lovely tea room which supports local charities.
- Didcot Railway Centre – A working railway museum that allows you to wander through various old locomotives from the past with frequent Steam Days when you can actually have a short ride on a steam train – great for kids.
- White Horse Hill – An ancient bronze age settlement situated on top of the largest hill in the area with the famous chalk white horse carved on it’s Northern side. Fantastic views over the surrounding countryside.
- Goring and Streatley Two historic villages on the Berkshire Border, and on the banks of the River Thames, Idea for a day of relaxing, picnicing or walking.
- The Blueberry – A ‘free house’ offering freshly cooked food with a 5 star food award, local ales and extensive wine list. Free Wi-Fi, Take Aways and a Wood Fired Pizza Oven. Walkers, Children and Dogs Welcome.
- The Red Lion – The Red Lion is an old red brick pub hidden away in the heart of Blewbury, offering high quality food, a variety of beers, lagers and spirits and a warm welcome and a lovely pub garden. The red lion uses quality local produce and has an extensive menu for guests to choose from.
- The George and Dragon – The George and Dragon is situated 2 miles away in nearby Upton, a friendly, family oriented village pub which prides itself on good beer and good food. It has a large garden and play area for children.
- The Fleur DeLys – The Fleur De Lys (Flower of the Lilly) is a traditional pub dating from the 17th Century in the picturesque Oxfordshire village of East Hagbourne. It has a comfortable bar area with open fire providing fine beers, wines and spirits and guest ales. The Restaurant offers an extensive home cooked menu and uses locally sourced produce where possible.
Book Your Stay
If you would like to make a booking, or find out more about Woodway Bed and Breakfast.
Find Out More
Comfortable and convenient accommodation in the heart of Oxfordshire.